- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion
- 1–2 cloves garlic
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 small can tomato paste
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- 6–8 whole green peppers
- 1–1/2 c. cooked converted rice
- Brown onions, meat and garlic and drain off fat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato sauce and paste and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add cheese and rice.
- Cut off tops of peppers and clean out seed and seam.
- Drop peppers in boiling water for 2 to 3 minutes (until they change color and soften slightly)
- Drain upside down and cool.
- Put meat rice sauce mixture inside.
- Place in warm oven and heat through.