- 1 c. flour
- 1/2 c. butter, softened
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 c. chopped pecans
- 1 c. sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 9 oz. whipped topping
- 3 c. fresh sliced peaches
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 1/2 c. water
- 3 oz. pkg. peach flavored gelatin
- Mix first 4 ingredients and spread in 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Cream 1 cup sugar and cream cheese, fold in topping.
- Spread mixture over baked crust.
- Top with sliced peaches.
- Combine 1 cup sugar, cornstarch and water; cook until thick.
- Stir in gelatin until thoroughly blended.
- Spoon glaze over peaches.
Give the classic English layered dessert a Southern accent by drizzling slices of pound cake with bourbon and layering the cake with fresh peaches, pudding and whipped cream.
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 6 large fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 (20-ounce) package pound cake
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions, using 2 cups milk. Cover and chill 5 minutes.
- Toss sliced peaches with granulated sugar.
- Cut pound cake into 1/2-inch slices. Place half of cake slices on bottom of a trifle dish or deep bowl; drizzle evenly with half of bourbon. Spoon half of peach mixture evenly over cake slices. Spread half of pudding over peaches. Repeat with remaining cake slices, bourbon, peach mixture, and pudding. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at medium speed with an electric mixer until foamy; gradually add powdered sugar, beating until soft peaks form. Spread whipped cream over trifle; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serving Size: 8
This from-scratch coffee cake is quick to put together, and it easily serves a crowd. While it’s delicious with peach or apricot pie filling, I like to make it with cherry or strawberry filling during the holidays.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1–3/4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1–1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1–1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (21 ounces) peach pie filling
- 1–1/4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture and beat just until combined.
- Spread 3-3/4 cups batter into a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Carefully spoon pie filling to within 1 in. of edges. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (cover loosely with foil if edges brown too quickly). Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners’ sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over coffee cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
- Serving Size: 16