Fried Mozzarella Sticks
Write a review
- 1 lb. mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/8 t. ground red pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. water
- 1/2 c. Italian season bread crumbs
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 c. spaghetti sauce for dipping
- Cut cheese into 1-3/4" X 1" X 1/2" Sticks (32)
- On waxed paper, combine flour and pepper.
- In small bowl, beat together eggs and water.
- Dip cheese sticks in flour mixture coating well, then dip in egg mixture and roll in bread crumbs.
- In 10" skillet, heat 1/2" oil to 375 degrees.
- Meanwhile in 1 qt. sauce pan, heat spaghetti sauce until hot.
- Fry cheese sticks in single layer, a few at a time, until golden brown and cheese begins to melt turn only once.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Keep warm.
- Serve with hot spaghetti sauce for dipping.
William L Brown Farm Market http://williamlbrownfarmmarket.com/