A great dish to prepare a day in advance.
Write a review
- 2 onions chopped
- 3 T. butter
- 2 T. flour
- 1 c. stock or consomme
- 1 T. tomato paste or catsup
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 t. pepper
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1 c. sour cream
- 1-1/2 lbs. Sirloin, cut in thin strips
- Saute onions in butter.
- Stir in flour, then gradually add other liquids.
- Stir over medium heat until smooth and thick.
- In hot frying pan, saute beef strips until brown.
- Add beef to sauce and salt and pepper.
- Saute mushrooms in frying pan adding additional butter if needed.
- Add mushrooms to meat and sauce.
- Just before serving, add sour cream and heat, but do not boil.
- Always add sour cream just before re-heating. Recipe can be doubled.
William L Brown Farm Market http://williamlbrownfarmmarket.com/